- Feb 26, 2020
The CIA Triad is an integral part of Infosec, it involves the use of 5 essential features to ensure that data is kept secure.
- Confidentiality - This ensures that data is accessible to only those that have authorized access. Example; encryption of data to prevent unauthorized access.
- Integrity - This ensures that the integrity of the data is maintained and that no unauthorized changes have been made to the data. Example; MD5 signature hashing or checksum.
- Availability - This ensures that systems that store and process data are accessible to authorized users when needed. Example; DDoS protection
- Authenticity - This is used to ensure the authenticity of communication or transfer of data as being genuine. Example; 2FA, Biometrics, etc.
- Non-Repudiation - This is used to ensure that communication between the sender and recipient cannot be refuted.