This book is a comprehensive guide on the privilege escalation process for Windows and Linux systems and is designed to be practical and hands-on by providing the reader with real-world exercises and scenarios in the form of vulnerable environments and virtual machines.
- Learn how to perform local enumeration on Windows & Linux systems.
- Understand the key differences between elevating privileges on Windows and Linux systems.
- Learn how to identify privilege escalation vectors on Windows & Linux systems.
- Learn how to elevate your privileges on Windows and Linux systems by leveraging various tools and techniques.
The book uses virtual environments that you can download to test and run tools and techniques. Each chapter will feature an exploitation challenge in the form of pre-built virtual machines (VMs). As you progress, you will learn how to enumerate and exploit vulnerabilities on Linux or Windows systems in order to elevate your privileges.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the skills you need to be able to perform local enumeration in order to identify privilege escalation vectors on Windows and Linux systems and how to exploit them in order to elevate your privileges.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the privilege escalation process and how it differs from Windows to Linux.
- Learn how to set up a virtual penetration testing lab.
- Gain an initial foothold on the system.
- Perform local enumeration on target systems.
- Exploit kernel vulnerabilities on Windows and Linux systems.
- Perform privilege escalation through password looting and finding stored credentials.
- Get to grips with performing impersonation attacks.
- Exploit Windows services such as the secondary logon handle service to escalate Windows privileges.
- Escalate Linux privileges by exploiting scheduled tasks and SUID binaries.
Get the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Privilege-Escalation-Techniques-exploiting-Windows/dp/1801078874